Beauty blogger. Love makeup. Tea Addict Follow me on Twitter: @CarrieFi_

Tuesday, 10 May 2016

What I Made | SORTEDfood's Lemon Drizzle Cake

I thought I would share with you a recipe from SORTEDfood that I attempted to make at the weekend. It actually ended up seeming too hot for baking, but I had set my heart on making this cake ever since I  had watched the video for this on YouTube, and it really caught my eye.


For a first attempt at making the Lemon Drizzle Cake, it wasn't too bad, but I think I could have made it better! After lots of near calamities while preparing, including lots of  wasted lemons dropped on the floor, and an emergency trip to Sainsbury's to replace said dropped lemons, it was okay. I also think I may have put too much cake mixture into the loaf tin, and the cake didn't bake very consistently, however, it certainly tasted okay and I really like that this recipe includes putting blueberries into the cake. The only changes I made, was that I didn't include tarragon and didn't make the candied peel as I didn't have enough time to do this.


The good thing about my first attempt of making this is that I have learnt what I would do differently next time, including not baking during a heatwave! Because I'm determined to perfect this recipe haha!


I'm going to leave some pictures below of my attempt, and also the link to SORTEDfood's website so you can take a look at the recipe and video.


https://sortedfood.com/lemondrizzle







CarrieFi x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© CarrieFi | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig