Beauty blogger. Love makeup. Tea Addict Follow me on Twitter: @CarrieFi_

Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Origins Extra-Zing Energizing Set

Hello all,


 While I was browsing the Boots website last week, I was looking to purchase the Origins GinZing Moisturizer, however something else came to my attention. It was the Origins Extra-Zing Energizing Set.




 I was surprised by the price of the set. For three items, moisturiser, eye cream and mascara, it was the same price as the moisturizer is on its own, £23. How can you say no?

In the energizing set is three items which will instantly make your eyes look and feel awake. First is the GinZing Moisturizer. I have been using this product since last Tuesday and I love it. When I apply it onto my skin it sinks straight onto my skin and doesn't linger after it has been applied, unlike some moisturizer's which takes ages to dry on your skin. The orange scent of the product isn't overpowering nor artificial either, it's a nice smell that awakens your senses and makes you feel more alert. I am also impressed with the packaging of the product. The design is simple but effective. It doesn't need too much to make it stand out, the orange background with the white writing does the job perfectly to sell the moisturizer.




 Next in the set is the GinZing Eye Cream. I have also been using this eye cream since last Tuesday and I'm hooked. I love how the eye cream instantly brightens the eye area making you look more awake even if you're not. Like the moisturizer it absorbs very quickly. The only thing that I find disappointing is that the eye cream doesn't have an orange scent? I'm not too sure why it doesn't seeing as it is part of the same range as the moisturiser so I would have thought it would share that similarity, but it isn't off putting. Again, like the moisturizer, Origins have used the same packaging design for the eye cream.


Finally in the set was the GinZing Brightening Mascara. I have only used this once so it's very difficult to give a definite judgement. I'm impressed by the big bushy wand, which is something I love in a mascara as I know it's going to give me volume in my lashes. The product says it's a 'Brightening mascara to lengthen and lift' I'm looking forward to using this product more and seeing if it lives up to its description. The mascara has a different packaging compared to the moisturizer and eye cream but it still has the simple but effective design, however, this time it has a white background and orange writing.


Overall, I'm really pleased with this purchase. Especially given as the set cost £23 which is the same price you would expect to pay just for the moisturizer alone, instead I got three items for the same price. It's worth pointing out that the eye cream and mascara are actually only sample sizes, however, from my personal point of view, that isn't an issue as for sample sizes, they're extremely generous!


Boots have been selling the set online only, however, at the moment it's currently out of stock! (booooooo!) But it's worth keeping an eye on the Boots website anyway just in case it is back in stock.



CarrieFi x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. That's such a bargain!! I'm tempted by the moisturiser, I've heard so many good reviews about it :) Xx

    A Blonde Momentv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, it's worth taking advantage of the offer if you can! :) x

      Delete

© CarrieFi | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig